I finished getting all the supplies that I need to start my decorations for our Super Bowl party! Here are a few photos of what I got and where I got everything.
1. Football Plates from Party City
3.Football rings from a local cake shop that I will use as cupcake toppers
4. Dark brown cupcake papers from local cake shop
5. White, black and silver poster board. I’m going to draw the Packer G, a foam finger and football on the white poster board. I’m using the black poster board like a chalkboard to draw plays on. I might make a cut out of the Lombardi trophy with the silver poster board. Bought at Hobby Lobby
6. Chalk for the black poster board, from Hobby Lobby
7. Yellow napkins from Party City. Represent the penalty flags that referees throw
8. Tissue paper from Hobby Lobby. The striped tissue paper was the only thing I could find that looked like a referee shirt, I plan on cutting triangles for flags to hang, you can sort of see what I mean in my sketch below.
9. & 10. Balloons and streamers from Party City
11. Cubeecraft paper “dolls” I found on Deviant Art. I’m using these instead of football cake toppers for on the table. They look awesome when they’re cut out and put together, but they’re a pain, you’ll need some patience if you plan on using these. I recommend printing them on card stock, I didn’t do that and really wish I had. I have two put together so far, but didn’t take any photos yet
12. Green and White felt, white ribbon all from Hobby Lobby. I bought one yard of the green felt, I think it’s 72″ wide. if I’m making a football field tablecloth. The white felt is for the numbers and the ribbon is for the yardage lines
13. A toy football from Party City
14. Ideas that I sketched out
I forgot to include the “coasters” in the photo I took of my supplies. I looked all over for this stuff, I still don’t know what it’s actually called. Astro Turf? Faux Grass? Most of the hardware stores had a roll that was about 15 feet wide and that was a lot more than I needed so I kept looking. Home Depot had a large roll too but right above it there were a bunch of samples already cut into squares. I wanted to grab more, but I already felt bad taking four :/
The snow storm started and is suppose to go on until tomorrow afternoon so I don’t plan on going anywhere tomorrow, I should be able to get some decorations done and post a few photos.